I’m a smartphone productivity evangelist and I do everything to get the best of my smartphone (currently an iPhone4). I recently shed some dollars on getting the best apps on the phone and all I can say is – it’s simply worth it.
What I do on my phone?
- I respond to most of my emails on phone – Apple Mail App
- Take beautiful pictures and edit them using awesome apps. – Instagram, Camera+, Hipstamatic
- Personal Social Networking – Facebook for iPhone & Tweetbot
- Take Notes – Evernote
- Write blogs – iA Writer
- Read blog feeds – Reeder
- Reading articles bookmarked on web – Readability
- Since I own a startup, I use Hootsuite on mobile sometimes to manage twitter feed and listen to “saved search”
- Track Google Analytics – iSPY Analytics
- Track MailChimp subscriptions using the app
The idea of the post is not to show off an awesome phone, but to throw some light on things you could do with a normal smartphone. You have a smartphone, use it smartly rather!
We at Dept. of Management, St Xavier’s College successfully organized a management fest and we made maximun possible use of social media. Let me tell you how we did that?
We had a challenge – A very tough competition – another society with huge fan following!
So basically we had to create a huge fan following or least some traction among students and get them familiar with just an year old fest.
How did we use social media? We only used facebook.
- We thought like a normal student who has 30 minutes to spend on facebook. We would want to speak to his friends, converse with them and it would be irritating to receive requests to like a management summit facebook page.
- Thus we created an interest group – based upon marketing and called it “Mad Over Marketing” and since we did a balanced branding of the page with the fest name it was easy for everyone to understand the brand. While at the same time we kept the fan base engaged in what they wanted to see – awesome marketin!
“Only those who attempt the absurd…will achieve the impossible.” – M.C. Escher
I came across this quote on my twitter feed & like every other quote, I yelled “wow” in my head & carried on. But there was something different about this!
I was able to relate to it very closely. But why?
Quenching on my thirst, I created a timeline of my life in my head – from my childhood till today. Compared it with those of my friends. I found a peculiarity – “utter absurdness”.
I mean seriously – who on earth would not enjoy his childhood for making bills in dad’s restaurant or not enjoy this teenage for designing websites (entrepreneurial stint) ! ME.
I have been absurd all through! Even today, my psyche simply stops me to do everything everyone else is doing.
All this obviously does not mean that I have a achieved the impossible, but yes it definitely assures that I’m on the right track – achieve the impossible.
Somehow I can’t believe that there are any heights that can’t be scaled by a man who knows the secrets of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C s. They are curiosity, confidence, courage, and constancy, and the greatest of all is confidence. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.